I feel sad and angry that my ex called and said he wanted to talk to me. What do I do? why would he want to talk to me?

+5Xper
Anonymous
My ex and I were together for almost 6 months. I was very happy with him and he genuinely seemed very happy with me too. One day he was depressed and was putting my arm around him+crying and I asked what’s wrong and he said he doesn’t want to talk about it and I asked if he’s sure, he said yes. I said ok and he can always talk to me, I love and care about you so much. And he said I love and care about you too. That night he called me saying we need to breakup. This was out of the blue cause looking back at our relationship, there were no problems and he was always happy (I know because I genuinely made sure, unless he was lying at some point) I cried a lot that night that he then changed his mind and said he was really sorry and asked if I could forgive him. I did and we hugged and kissed each other saying see you on Friday. The very next day he called saying we need to breakup and he’s certain. I was extremely hurt by this. We haven’t seen each other since the breakup. I tried to reconcile since I forgive at some point when the time is right, so we messaged each other funny pictures. One day I asked him how him and his family was with the pandemic. Never answered. I never sent him another message. A week ago (4 months later), it was his birthday and my parents told me to call him to wish him a happy birthday. I told my parents that I feel too sad to and that I just don’t want to speak to him because I’ve been going through a lot of terrible stuff in life throughout this year and to do it for me. my parents called him saying telling him for me and my parents told me that he sounded really happy when he picked up because he thought it was me at first. He told my parents he wants to talk to me and I can call him anytime. With all the bad stuff that I’ve been going through every month, I was too upset and tired. He repeated what he said again, so I got really agitated and left my phone with my parents and went up to my room to lock it and cry and scream cause I thought
1 y
“I literally have nothing to say to you!!! You were always bothered by the fact that I barely spoke because I was so tired from college classes that I kept almost passing out, which is why you said you wanted to breakup with me. My ex then told my parents,”I guess she doesn’t want to talk, I’m just not ready to be with her yet” When my parents told me this, I literally became so extremely pissed off saying to my parents,“THIS IS SO VERY CONFUSING!!! WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS?” I’ve never been so
1 y
agitated and upset in my life that I don’t know what the f*** is going through that boy’s head and what to do to brighten up my life where I ask that if only one good thing could happen this year. Nothing has. He’s 23 years old. What can I do to cheer myself up from nothing good happening this year? I can’t hangout with friends but I do plan on talking to a therapist at my college today about all of this. But what else can I do to cheer myself up? Why did my ex want to talk to me?
3
0