Girlfriend asked for space. Few days later I broke up with her?

Anonymous
So, i've been dating her for about 8 months now. She's such a great girl and it was outstanding.

The last 2 weeks, her attitude has been hot and cold. One day, she begged me to come over because I was genuinely upset with her for over drinking. She promised me that she would cool it down and start working on herself more.

Thursday she told me she was going to sleepover. She slept over, next morning has coffee, her bestfriend calls her to tell her that she needs help and leaves my house early. This is the second time she has done this within 2 weeks.

I usually see her once or twice a week, but when I do see her, she's on her phone half the time. So there isn't even quality there.

One day, she texted me saying "I've been thinking a lot and I think we should talk" When she saw me that same day, she told me that She didn't meant o make that sound like a break up and she wanted to be with me.

I respected her wishes. After several days ofthinking about it and going crazy, I told her that we are done. I broke up with her. Asked for all my things back and that was about it.

I'm really hurt.

any thoughts?
2
1