Advice needed: How do you get over someone you were dating but were not in an actual relationship with?

Romi93
I am having a hard time getting over a guy I dated for 9 months, we broke off during the pandemic and since we are in isolation I have a lot of free time to think.
He was a good guy but very confusing, he moved really fast in our relationship: talked every day from the start, told me he loved me after a month, saw each other 5 times a week , slept together every weekend, went on dates, etc. We acted as if we were a couple but when I brought the subject of actually becoming a couple he told me he wanted to get to know me more, wasn't ready yet, was working on himself, had gotten out of a bad relationship 6 months prior, etc.
The subject came up again 1,5 months ago, and he told me he did not want a relationship. He did not want exclusivity and the emotional tie that would actually come from the relationship. I fell in love with him, official relationship or not and to be told that it wasn't the same feeling to be dating that to have a tittle hurt me.
So we decided to end things in good terms, he telling me that this was extremely hard and that he loved me very much but has not contacted me ever since. Its been a month and a half and its gotten better but its still hurt.
I feel ridiculous feeling like this for someone that didn't even feel the same for me.
Do you have any advice?
6
0