How to break up with Boyfriend going to the army?

Anonymous
My boyfriend just told me he is going into the army.

I really like him but I don’t think I could see myself being with someone who is always gone. We are already in a long distance relationship, which has been really hard, I really don’t think I can do it as a permanent thing.

He hasn’t asked me how I felt yet, and he only just told me. I responded to him as best I could (he told me over text) but... I feel horrible inside.

I really wanted this to work out, but it looks like we are going to have to part ways. Any suggestions on how to move forward?

I know I’m going to have to talk to him eventually... he hasn’t mentioned breaking up, but I don’t want to wait to the last minute. I am overall just very sad, I really do like him, and I am just not feeling good. How do I deal with these feelings?

also I really support him in going, I wouldn’t want to change his dream! I just know that I can't deal with that long term, and we already feel a bit apart distance wise (since we have been doing this LDR)
3
2