Have you ever had a problem in a relationship because you were trying to maintain a friendship with an ex?

OlderAndWiser u
If I started dating a woman and she told me that she still spent time with her ex (a former sexual partner,) I would probably tell her to call me when she was finished with her ex. I think that having a "friendship" with an ex would look suspicious to most potential new partners and it would hinder me from moving forward, so I try to do total "no contact" when we break up (that's "no contact" like never, ever gonna see you again, and not "no contact" so you'll miss me and come running back into my arms.)

Do you try to remain friends with your exes? Why? Has that ever caused problems for you when you got into a new relationship?
I've never had a relationship
I've never remained friends with an ex
I've maintained a friendship with an ex but it faded away once one of us got into another relationship
Vote C
I've kept a friendship with an ex after I started a new relationship and it never caused any problems for me or my new partner
Vote D
I've kept a friendship with an ex after I started a new relationship and it caused problems for my new partner, I refused to give up my friendship with the ex, and my new relationship didn't survive.
Vote E
I've kept a friendship with an ex after I started a new relationship and it caused problems for my new partner, I refused to give up my friendship with the ex, and my new relationship somehow survived.
Vote F
I've kept a friendship with an ex after I started a new relationship and it caused problems for my new partner, so I gave up my friendship with the ex.
Vote G
GirlGuy
11
26