What do you think of the concept of an ex “missing out” on a good person?

Anonymous
I saw this on Facebook and I have mixed feelings about it. I’ve personally felt that my ex did miss out by ending our relationship. But moreso, I felt that he missed out on what could have been something real because his intentions were to find something else while keeping me around. He had an opportunity to make things work. But he led me to think that he wanted something serious with me when he actually wanted somebody else. And he knew that he WOULD hurt me, he knows now that he DID hurt me, and if he ever suspected that I didn’t deserve that kind of treatment he has never apologized nor did he even give me closure from the relationship before getting into another one. I analyzed the mistakes I made and realized that I simply wish l never met him. Feelings and people are complicated, and his intentions may not have been to simply hurt me. But that’s exactly what happened despite the fact that I tried my best. My feelings for him were real to me and his feelings for me were, at best, satisfying for the moment. He received the benefits of a person who genuinely loved him while I was eventually hurt for simply loving someone. I have him my virginity, and whether he realized it or not he was an exception to my pride and I always tried to make things work. And for that, I felt that he missed out. There is a strong possibility that he will be happier in another relationship because I wasn’t what he wanted in the first place. But while I was unlucky to meet someone who was not sincere, he was lucky to meet someone who, on the contrary, WAS sincere. Hopefully I never experience meeting someone like him ever again. But he would be lucky to find someone like me again. And he would be unlucky (and deserving) to meet someone with the same intentions as himself. If he met someone like himself, he would be “missing out” on something that he will want again-which is real love. Even if he never wants me back he will always want sincerity.
3
0