How to emotionally and mentally recover after a relationship where your ex expected me to be perfect?

Anonymous
I was his first official girlfriend. Things were perfect when we were in the talking stage and as soon as we were official it seemed as though these really high unspoken expectations were set on me... and within the first month i just watched him lose interest/gain interest/lose it again then really lose it to the point he broke up with me and said we'd be happier with different people... i can't stop blaming myself... and now him and his friends hate me and all i did was try to love him... he knew i wasn't perfect being in an extremely abusive relationship i didn't know how to communicate effectively 100% of the time...
2 mo
I meant to say I was an a toxic abusive relationship before him. He didn't lay his hands on me in a violent way
3
0