My Ex says he wants to catch up after 3 years apart. I recently found out he got out of a toxic relationship. Should I hear him out?

Anonymous
We have known each other for about 10 years. We were really good friends and eventually got in a relationship that lasted 5 years. Both of us have had a traumatic past and we leaned on each other when anxiety and depression got the best of us. In the past we did break up for a year, I started dating, as did he. Eventually we got back together. Then we were together for 3 years and again I broke it off. We never fought, yelled at each other, we've always had mutual respect for each other it just wasn't the right time for us. This time around we did keep our distance, we would text here and there but its been a while since we've actually spoken. He's been sending me pictures of nature (I live in the city, he lives in a small town) which he used to do when we were together, he knows I adore nature and animals. So I guess my question is should I hear what he has to say? Or am I a comfort zone because the last girl really did him dirty from what a friend has told me. TYIA
9 mo
..
2
0