Why is my ex acting this way towards me?

nikval
I (21M) and my ex (21F) were together for 2 years and 5 months. We broke 15 days ago and have almost no contact during this period. One week after the breakup at about 00:00 she texted me like 7-8 messages how perfect I was even if I did not realise it. How much she misses talking to me because I was so smart and she could always learn something new and useful from me and how much she misses talking to me in English (not our first language) because it was our secret language.

Yesterday she texted me how her phone was so full of our photos and how she had so many unforgettable memories with me and how I would always be her partner in crime. How much she misses our favourite places, how much she wanted to talk to me and how easy it was.

Today we met because we had some personal items to exchange. We talked for about 2 hours. She told me that she is in a relationship with another guy. She wants for it to be serious. She told me some personal information like their sex life, his preferences and so on. During our conversation she told me the following things: I am smarter than him, I am funnier than him, I am better in bed than him, how she calls him with my name from time to time, how she thinks of me from time to time and she misses me a lot, how were just as good looking as each other. She still chooses to be with him because their personalities matched more. He is the opposite of me. I am a more explosive type just as my ex while he is calmer. My ex and I had some really heated arguments about stupid things from time to time but always made up after about 15 minutes. She also touched my butt and asked me if I was flirting with her in a provocative tone.

Why does she say things like that if we have broken up and she wants to be with someone else? Is her relationship just a rebound? Is she trying to keep me as a second option?

Does anyone have any solid advice except time on how to reduce my need to talk to her and see her?
1
1