Guys, He says "this isn't working out" but isn't in a hurry to tell anyone we aren't together anymore?

Anonymous
We've been arguing a lot lately, and after our last argument he said "this isn't working out". I chalked it up to stress and being overwhelmed and told him if we can stop being angry at each other for lifes problems and just take a step back and communicate, we can make this relationship work, but he told me he's not willing to do that. We have a lease together and I told him I'm not leaving and he hasn't left and we're awkwardly walking around the house not talking except out of necessity. No longer cooking his food or doing his laundry, no longer sleeping in the bed together. Seems pretty "broken-up" to me, but he says he's not in a hurry to tell people? Why? Not telling his family/friends? What's the point? If you dont want me, why can't you tell your friends you dont want me? Makes me feel like "I dont want her, but I dont want anyone else to think they can have her either" Thoughts?
4