How to distract myself from missing my ex friends with benefits? Am I wrong for cutting him off?

Anonymous
My friends with benefits were friends for a couple of months before we got sexual. We were having sex for 10 months before I broke things off because I wanted to be in a relationship with him. He continued to say he wasn’t ready for one despite how intimate we were. Recently, I cut him off for two weeks to re-evaluate our friendship and relationship. During that time he reached out to me so we could talk about how we could move forward. We both still wanted to be friends but I still liked him a lot and he told me he liked me back but also wanted a relationship “else where” and then things got more intimate. The next day, I caught him kissing someone else and then I went off on him and finally cut him off for good. Even though I hate how we ended but I still miss him as a friend and I wished I didn’t have sex with him just to see if we could be more.
1
1