Girlfriend Had a Sudden Death of a Family Member That Was Close To Her. She Asked To Separate In Order To Focus On Getting Her Life Together?

Anonymous
We've been together for 2 years. We've been through a lot together and it's saddening to see this all go up in flames. No we don't live together if you're wondering.

She asked to separate - I can see that this is a lot for her. Now I am not sure what the cause of death is for this family member; she won't divulge/doesn't want to talk about it.

What does this mean? Is she gone for good or is this a temporary storm that I need to ride out?

As much as I don't want to start turning into a simp (because I've done so before), part of me still wants to work this out. She rather have me keep the ring that she gave me and all presents that she has given me. I am at a standstill of what to do.

I understand that I really shall not put my life on hold for this one person, but we really have grown together and it just sucks that it was all good like last week and then a sudden tragedy happens and things dissolve.
1
1