Is it selfish of an EX to contact you later in life?

Anonymous
Let’s say, you didn’t date all that long. For a few months, perhaps, but less than 4 months. He dumped you because he see it working in the future. He was really nice about it, but you were still really, really hurt. He was your first, and you had strong feelings for him. He was the first guy you kissed, has sex with, truly liked... and he dumped you 1. Because he didn’t know what he was looking for, and 2. He just wasn’t that into you. You decide to stay friends, but stopped talking to each other all together.

You do the hard work of trying to get back on your feet. You go through the pain of your first technical break up. Over 3 years, you change dramatically. You look hotter, feel smarter, and know yourself better. You have different career goals, you started taking up Karate (bc why not), you wrote a book, started going to music festivals, finished college. You are basically kicking ass. You are a different person than you were 3 years ago, and the eventually guy notices this. You’ve also tried dating other people, but they almost certainly didn’t work out. lol. However, you get a lot of attention from interested guys.

You were 19 when you met this guy. He texts you at 22 (I’m 22 now) to see what you are up to. He tells you that he was an immature jerk and is, once again, truly sorry... but wants to know if I am seeing anyone.

I know the decision is mine to make, but what would you do in my position?
1
1