My boyfriend and I ended things due to lack of communications and repetitive arguments. but we both agreed to work on ourselves n wait for eachother?

shylilvee
my boyfriend and i have been together for one year and three months but we had a lot of ups and downs. we would have have small arguments that would always repeat and we lacked communicating. he decided to call it quits because it was taking a toll on him and he wanted to focus on himself. as for me i wanted to keep going and make things work between us but he made up his mind. he said we can still be friends. for me i didn't really want to end things so i said i would wait for him until he's ready. he said he will also wait for me but im scared im holding onto false hope. did i do the right thing? (im also using this time to focus on myself) but i really hope in the future hell come back to me.
5
1