Why would my Ex boyfriend unblock me to clear up some misunderstandings and then block me again?

Anonymous
We dated for a year and broke up over something silly. Its the 2nd breakup by the way. We dated briefly 2 years back, too. Anyway he said a lot of bad things because a friend of mine had told him some lies and he didn't let me explain and blocked me. I tried a lot to contact him not out of love, but to defend myself from lies, and he had blocked me everywhere. Now after 6 months, he texted me the other day and let me talk and then apologized for not listening to me, and told me he had a new girl and then blocked me again. And by the way I hear from his friends that he is not dating anyone. Now I wonder what this block unblock thing is for ( I dont even want to be with him anymore) and why he is lying when he says he has a new girl. Any ideas?
0
3