Does getting closure actually help or is it a myth?

PlaticXrealityx
Does having certain conversations, like talk things out with your ex actually help anything?

Me and my ex decided to keep in contact and stay friends. I still love him but I don’t want him back. I’ve fully accepted that we are not meant for each other. But ever since I’ve come to that conclusion I’m so angry at him. And I feel so extremely hurt by things that happened when we were together that I at the time didn’t care that much about.

It’s giving me nightmares and I’m obsessing over these past events. I’m feeling hurt in a way as if I’m just now experiencing it. And the things are so fucked up like how could I get over it so easily when it actually happened. One of the things is how he ignored me on my birthday because he was having a bad day. Another is after me being out of the country he asked me to come stay with him for a while because he missed me but then told me to go home a day or two after. He didn’t even offer to help me move now that I think back, I just assumed to the very last minute that he would but then did it all myself and ended up missing my flight.

Is it fare to bother him with things of the past to get “closure” or is that just a myth?
20
7