Why did my ex lie to his girlfriend and say I cheated on him?

Anonymous
A friend of mine was mutual friends with a girl who is related to my ex boyfriends new girlfriend. The new girlfriend wasn’t aware that she was in the presence of somebody who knew the situation and she told the girls that she wanted to treat him better than he has been treated in the past and that ALL his exes cheated on him or used him. My friend came back and told me and I just felt sorry for he girl but also I was really offended. I have NEVER cheated on him. I never even slept with anybody after he cheated on me because I was too scarred to feel comfortable moving on. I didn’t feel safe anymore And I had developed bad trust issues from how he treated me as well as him just flat out ghosting me fo another girl. I said “that’s not my business” but I honestly felt extremely offended
9 d
And I never used him either. I actually payed for things out of just being nice all the time
0
1