Girls, Why would she tell her friend to message me?

Anonymous
after a long time of non verbal flirting like smiling to herself and trying to hide it from me , staring all the time and telling her friends about me in the gym and in a place she worked that I often visited to shop at. me being nervous to ask her out. I found her social media but didn’t add her and stalked her socials a bit and finally mustered up the courage to talk. SHe asked why I messaged and I could only say I wanted to introduce myself and recognised her. Even though it took over a year. 5 weeks after that first message I asked her out. She said she was happy being single. Instead of fighting to persuade her , I deleted her and said if she changes her mind to let me know.
3 days later, her friend who I don’t even know messaged me and asked if I like girls that workout at the gym”

I asked why , she said just an assumption. I asked if her friend has sent her to ask this she pretended she didn’t even know her friend and that she had fallen out with her which was a lie. And then said she did know her and hadn’t fallen out with her really. Why would they do this
Girls, Why would she tell her friend to message me?
Add Opinion