Why would a guy pretend to care about and ex who he doesn’t want to be with if he is in a new relationship?

Anonymous
I left him-but I came back. I left because of a lot of reasons. It just didn’t feel like I was getting a fair love. It felt like I was losing myself more just to love him. I even remember crying one night, breaking down after it just wasn’t working, and telling him “what bothers me is that I don’t even recognize myself because I keep doing everything in my power to try to be a part of YOUR life. I keep lying to my family, sneaking out, sleeping with you when we broke up
months ago, and this isn’t even me! I’ve never even been this kind of girl. I just keep doing all this stupid stuff because I just wanted to spend time with you!”

i feel that he had to have known how much I loved him. In the way that no matter what, I couldn’t just give up without putting up the fight of my life. And he acted like he cared and even understood or felt the same love as me, but he made me feel like I wasn’t fighting a fair fight. Like I felt like I was fighting him and not fighting along side him-together.

when I left he came back later, crying. I didn’t think he would have. I assumed he was too prideful to cry over a girl. But he was crying and begging me for a scone chance. He was doing everything I thought he would do if he cared afterwards. And then he disappeared. He made his new relationship public. It was so cruel. I always wondered why didn’t he just let me go.
2
1