No Contact Ex Boyfriend?

Anonymous
Some context: I broke up with my boyfriend and left him really hurt. Towards the end of the year, I reached out to him and acknowledged my wrongs and expressed interest in wanting to try again with him. Here’s the issue, in the meantime he found himself in a rebound relationship (they went from just a hookup to dating bc he didn’t want to be confronted on another issue between just the 2 of them). He showed his girlfriend the message resulting in a huge argument and ongoing problems between them. After I reached out, he responded a month later saying that he was thinking of me everyday since the breakup and he wants to be back with me as well. But he wouldn’t break up with his girlfriend. He even cheated on her multiple times with me but couldn’t have the balls to break up with her. Now I’ve initiated a no contact rule between us because I can no longer participate in that situation knowing the effects it could have on that girl in the long run. I’m just wondering why he wouldn’t break up with her if he wanted to be with me so badly. His excuse was that he was trying to build up a case so it made sense when they broke up. But I think there’s something more to it that I’m just not getting. Any advice?
No Contact Ex Boyfriend?
Add Opinion