What does it mean if he hasn't replied to my texts all day but been active on instagram watching my stories?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up a few months ago. It was mutual, but more because he wasn't paying me back for things he owed me and stopped calling me. A few months went by, and all through these months he would text me here and there and continue to flirt with me and ended up apologizing for the way he treated me and hinted at wanting to get back together. I might take him back if he said that's what he really wanted and that he would change. He says he's deeply in love with me still, he had to block me on instagram or snapchat because seeing me out hanging out with other guy friends of mine makes him jealous. Yet, he won't get back together with me. I've told him I'd give it another shot but he says he can't do a relationship right now because of his anxiety and that he is apparently busy, except he isn't even working or in school at the moment. He says he can't bear to have me out of his life, yet it can take him days to reply to my texts and he hardly ever calls me. But he says he isn't over me and wants to be with me but apparently can't. I just called him and told him I can't do this anymore after he ignored my texts for a whole day. He said he just didn't see my texts and that he wasn't on his phone that much and was busy, but I think those are excuses. I am currently across the country for school, but I'll be home in two months. We have done long distance before. He just doesn't want to commit, it makes no sense. Everyone I know thinks I can do way better, I'm not sure why I am so attached to him. Should I finally leave his life for good?
2
2