Is this the best way to go about this situation?

Anonymous
I have been with abusive boyfriend for a few months. I left many times. Have even changed my number but he doesn’t give up. He uses the fact that he knows I love him despite how he treats me against me. He knows that no matter how many times he has said sorry only to do what he said sorry for again I will always come back knowing it’s only gonna get worse and it has. The other day he was being an asshole to me. Nothing new. He asked me to help him with things and if he felt I wasn’t moving fast enough he would push me away, do it himself and call me a goofy b**** he also threatened to beat me over things he claims I did that irritated him but I can do nothing and he’ll get irritated. By the he end of the day I was over it and when I gave the same attitude back to him he slapped me but for the first time I fought back. I reached my breaking point. I ended up with stitches in my finger. He was attempting to throw me on hard concrete as we fought and to prevent him from that and seriously injuring me I held on to a fence. He didn’t care and kept pulling at me even though he knew I was hanging on tight to the top of a metal fence. I split my finger open he also practically shut my eye closed and choked me to the point I blacked out. As usual, he felt guilty and he knew I was gonna have to go to the hospital, so he pretended to be apologetic so that I wouldn’t tell what really happened because he knew he would go to jail. Foolishly, I lied for him but a couple days have gone by since and I have been planning to leave but for good this time. I bought tickets to go out of town to go and stay with my grandmother who lives out of state. My parents are still in my life and they know my situation but as many times they have begged me to leave him and I didn’t/haven’t, they have lost hope in me. Also leaving him just to go back to their home which he knows the address to doesn’t do me any good. I told him that I was going on a family trip in a few days and he’s gone for it.
Is this the best way to go about this situation?
Add Opinion