Ended it with a guy because of differences and he said let’s keep windows open and make adjustments if we decided to. What does he mean?

TikiTook
I won’t explain the differences because it’s a long story but I basically made a condition that I would not budge on and we were on the phone when I told him and he is so stubborn and wants to do what he wants so he wouldn’t budge. He kept saying “idk I don't know, I really enjoy seeing you and you are so much fun.. idk” and it just became a stalemate so I said it’s best if we just end this then. It wasn’t heated. He said yeah I think that would be best... and then went on to say how much he enjoyed being with me again and I’ve been so fun, and I’m a cool person and he has only good feelings towards me and then said “don’t go blocking me... let’s keep windows open and see what happens and make adjustments if we...” and kinda trailed off. And he said maybe we’ll cross paths again later and who knows, we’ll be in a better spot for this. And then we said our goodbyes.
Do you think he will regret the end? Or does it sound like he didn’t like ending it?
3
0