How do I get over a relationship that ended because we grew apart?

Anonymous
Hi guys. I loved my boyfriend very much, but we just drifted apart over time. It's hard for me to get closure in my mind. I loved him 100%, & there was nothing wrong with us, but over time we just grew apart; distance just led to an increasing lack of affection, resentment, & never wanting to do anything. Tried to talk & plan stuff just drifted apart over time..

How can I get over this? Knowing that we're both good people. I really tried, would plan shit all the time & get him stuff from my trips, just never worked or didn't know how to be direct in my needs. The spark was 100% there in the beginning, but we each got so busy that things were never the same. I wish I could have the person back that I knew first, but I know sometimes couples grow apart.

How do I get closure over this? I almost wish he'd cheated on me, or the breakup was bad, so I could be mad & never wanna speak again. But I still love him. It's going to hurt more than anything to see him in another city, with someone else, still out there.

It's really sad. I wish I had spoken up more about my needs, but maybe we would've ended anyway...

Anyway, it just makes me very sad & it's hard for me to get closure rn. It's been almost 8 months and I still miss him dearly. The "what-if's" are plaguing me constantly. What should I do?
1
1