He no longer wants a relationship yet doesn't want me to move on to other guys and "get hurt again"?

Anonymous
This is a now ex. Whom seemed happy on the phone when we broke up. (It was otp because I didn't want to come over and knew what would happen).

He mentioned how I made him feel bad about himself and we argued a lot. He also said he didn't want to me just move on and start talking to other guys and possibly run into fuckboys and get hurt again. He also mentioned how he was afraid to be alone.

Maybe I sabotaged the relationship but at times he couldn't even bother to do normal boyfriend/girlfriend things because he was cheap but hed spend money on video games. He was bad for me but good at the same time. I can't tell if he was genuine or just saying that to keep me as a backup. He said he wanted to be friends, but started acting distant when I'd text after he said it was ok.

Though I tried to give him space, then messaged me on Snapchat about a photo of me that was saved. I told him it showed as deleted and that I wanted to go no contact longer. I messaged him and said bye, he didn't read it but unfriended me instead. Not to mention he was flirting with someone else a day after the breakup.
2
1