He broke up with me cause I did not show him my phone... should I have just shown him?

Anonymous
Seen something on my now ex's phone today lol (dated for almost 3 years), and questioned him about it and he got super defensive right off the bat and proceeded to call me stupid, an idiot, and telling me to "stfu". He then asked to see my phone since I never show him. I have NOTHING to hide but the way he started acting towards me is what made me not show him my phone. He ended up saying if I don't show him to "leave him the fuck alone"... I never responded to any of his insults just stayed quiet. He even broke my nail trying to grab my phone, threw a pair of my shorts at me, and dropped my phone flat on the ground. I know this could have been avoided if I just showed him, but the way he was spazzing out just made me not want to give him his way.. am I wrong?
3
2