Why wasn’t I good enough for my lawyer boyfriend? He broke up with me once he graduated law school and said he could get any girl he wants?

Anonymous
We were almost approaching our 1 year anniversary and everything between us had been the best I’d ever had with anyone. I honestly thought he could be my husband in the future. I was there for him during law school, his bar exam and studying for that, and I tried my best to be there for him. He had met some friends during law school who are younger (26) and he’s (30) and they seem like kinda douche bags who party a ton, think they’re all hotshots for being in law school, and really superficial. He admitted this so I never thought he was like this himself..

Well he graduated this spring and immediately got a high paying career starting at $86,000. Within a couple of weeks he broke up with me. He said he and his friends just want to be free, and he said he doesn’t think we want the same from life anyways. He said he doesn’t want to be held back from following his pursuits and then said he just wants to have fun and now he’s a lawyer he can “get any girl he wants basically” and that was that.

I feel devastated. And like an idiot for being everything to him and then being trashed like I’m a lowlife.. I am getting my masters in computer science and currently have a $65,000 paying job. I don’t get why I’m not good enough.. we always had the same dreams to travel and see the world and now I feel left in the dust. I feel honestly worthless.. why wasn’t I good enough? I didn’t think graduating would have this effect on him or that lawyers were these ballers like he and his friends act like. I’m so depressed.
2 mo
Also I noticed the new girls on his social media that he followed since our breakup and they’re all 20-22 years old. I’m 26. I feel like I’m this old gross person he doesn’t want to play with anymore
6
2