There is something very malicious an ex said to me years ago that plays like a broken record in my mind to this day. Nothing seems to help?

Anonymous
I feel pathetic for admitting this (trolls will be blocked) but there was something one ex said to me that still reverberates in my mind to this day. I’ve done plenty of different activities over the last few years. I’ve changed to be much more financially stable, excelled in hobbies, volunteered. I’ve learned a foreign language. I have dated other girls and got into two other relationships that didn’t work out.

I've had women say and do plenty of nasty things to me over the years. I was once ghosted after a minor argument after dating a younger woman for 9 months. Never heard from her again. But I was mentally prepared for that possibility (she was very immature). It was very shitty but I got over it. But what this other ex said to me was next level unexpected and malicious. It caught me completely off guard. I never got closure on it.

I’m not going to claim I was blameless in that particular relationship because I wasn’t. I didn’t cheat but I did act disconnected and was guilty of taking her for granted at times. Truth is I didn’t want to be in a relationship at the time but I couldn’t bring myself to drop the axe. She did absolutely nothing wrong until the end.

Amyway I sent her an email about this 3 years ago. I told her about how deeply it hurt me, but how I bounced back. I ended it by forgiving her and wishing the best of luck. She never responded (but I’m almost sure she read it).

At times I feel like the most unlucky guy alive everything considered. But I know that’s not true and no one respects someone who just wants a pity party. I don’t want that. But I want this memory to go away.

Advice?
0
1