How can someone lie so well for 3 years?

Anonymous
I don’t know if I need advice or just to vent but I have no one to talk to about this. It’s embarrassing. I was with a guy for 3 years - madly in love. We spoke about moving in, getting married and having kids all the time.

He would look after me - do the sweetest things like come and fix my car, book me a spa when I felt stressed, buy me wine/chocolate/flowers when I’ve had a bad day. He would always be there if and when I needed him. A shoulder to cry on to vent to, to be my emotional punching bag.

I gave him everything, my whole heart. Helping him write his job applications, cared for him after his car accident, was there every day through his grieving of a family member.

I was with him every single weekend. Friday to Monday and during lockdown I was with him 2-3 times a week. We’d met each other’s families and friends, gone away together, we spent birthdays and special occasions together.

We were obsessed with each other. Messaging all day every day and even after 3 years there was never a dull moment.

All this to find out he’s had a girlfriend for 9 years. Long story short I’d asked him why he had gone on with this for so long and why didn’t he break up with me or her. He told me that he can’t leave her but he loves me so much.

I’ve blocked him and deleted him. But I’m really hurting right now. I don’t really know what to do.
1
2