How do I know if I need therapy to help with a heartbreak/breakup? Would it actually help?

Anonymous
I feel like I’m invalid for even wanting therapy because he wasn’t even my boyfriend.. we had been seeing each other consistently for several months and for some reason he was the first guy I’ve ever fallen in love with at 26. I fell so hard and thought without a doubt we’d be together. I know he has feelings for me too but we had a falling out when he told me he’s moving away until next year. I got angry, very angry he held it from me. now we’re just “cool” and “in contact” but my emotions are all over the place and I’ve been stuck here for a solid month. One minute I feel solid but then the next I don’t and I regret things I said and did or didn’t do, and I think maybe I’m the issue/I’m irrational so I thought maybe I should see a professional to see if I created issue or how better I could have handled it.

Would it be worth it in my case or would they just think it’s a silly reason?
2
1