Ex doesn't want to be friends on social media anymore why? Need blunt advice... Please?

bubblespopcorn
I took a 2 1/2 month break from speaking to my ex. Break up wasn't mutual. He wanted to be friends I was hot and cold about it. And stopped talking about it and offered friends with benefits (hot and cold too) he didn't want to put me through that. It has been 2 1/2 months figured I would add him on Facebook and be mutual friends after receiving advice. He declined my friend request. I don't blame him but It'll be hard to accept (first relationship and long-distance). It is at a point he doesn't want contact at all and I will probably never talk to him again which hurts. He said he could never hate me or stop caring for me. I will have to learn he was a big part of my life and is not in my life at all that is a big switch... Breakups are hard. Reached out because his grandmother died and offered my condolances.
4
1