My friend is a lesbian, how do I let her down easy?

When my friend came out to me I promised I wouldn't stop being her friend just because of something like that. We had a sleepover recently and she kissed me. It wasn't like one of those little pecks, it was a real passionate kiss. I didn't try to stop her I just let it happen. I've kissed girls before and because I don't take an interest in them it doesn't affect me. But I won't lie she's a good kiss and that was a good kiss, but I don't want to be in a relationship with her. How do I let her down easily without hurting her feelings and letting her know I still want to be friends.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her exactly what you told us.

What Guys Said 3

• You cannot do that without hurting her!

But if you like her I see no reason for not being in a relationship!

Maybe you're afraid of social stigma - what people may think or say to you for being in a lesbian couple.

But it's still possible to have a relationship just between you both and not being open to everyone about it.

• Literally just say you are fine with her being a lesbian, but don't want to be in a relationship with her. I've had friends, tell me they're gay, but never come on to me afterwards.

• there is no question here...?

• How do I let her down easily without hurting her feelings and letting her know I still want to be friends.

No question mark, but a question.

• i would just tell her straight up.. can't really ease into it

• yes there is " How do I let her down easily without hurting her feelings and letting her know I still want to be friends"

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!