Why does ex show up every three months?

I am 26 years old, and I have one ex boyfriend that I believe was the only guy I ever loved. We dated when I was 23 for about a year, and then I broke up with him because he had a serious drinking problem. Ever since then, this guy has literally come in and out of my life in three month cycles. When I moved out of state, he was in military camp at the same time and showed up at my door. He came to my house drunk and asked me to marry him last year. Now he is overseas and sent me some random message on Facebook talking about how he has to get home to his new girlfriend. If I defriend him, he will show up somewhere else I'm at in three months. My friends say he still wants me. What do you think?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• He has feelings for you apparently. But I suggest you tell this guy to stay out of your life completely until he gets his act together.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Since you have always let him back into your life, making him control this "relationships", this is now for him a cycle. If he wants you back I don't believe, it is the right way to conquer your love. And I believe you should let both of you move one. Even if he goes back, once you reject him, he will see you have changed. Moving on is the best way, or you will be stuck with this behavior forever, and will be impossible for you to find another partner.

• i think he's confused and wants to be with a familiar person. don't fall for it.