Did you beg for your ex back when they broke up with you?

Why, or why not?

I just kind of want to know if there are actually people who don't beg, considering the breakup advice most of us get is, "Don't beg, don't plead, go NC, etc". I know it's good advice, but I'm just curious as to what people actually do.

Thanks.

113

Most Helpful Girl

• I would only send apology letters and now I regret it so much because all I did was feed his ego.

But this is what happens when the wound is fresh and deep :-/ you end up doing stupid and embarrassing stuff.

• I'm right there with you on that. I begged and did a lot of embarrassing stuff that was so pointless cause he didn't come back. Love makes you act the fool sometimes

What Guys Said 3

• Never.

Why? Because it's pointless. They made their choice. And if they only wanted to see you beg, then the relationship wasn't gonna go anywhere either.

I once talked to an ex after many years and she told me that a single word by me would have been enough to win her back (when she broke up with me). But I never saw that as an option. Breaking up is breaking up.

• no but I begged for her to shut up after it was over.

• No, I would never beg but I got accused of begging once & I never even talked to her...ever. So I might as well of. Now that I think of it that really pisses me off.

What Girls Said 10

• When I was in love, yes I did beg my ex to come back to me, but all he did was curse me out and call me a psycho; it hurt me a lot that my pain for him was enjoyable and that I made myself look like a fool in front of him while crying and begging him to take me back, but he just denied me.

• i agree with cantremember.. it is pointless.. people should always have choices.. and since they have decided that they don't want you in their life anymore - what's the point of begging.. begging will not make your ex feel what you feel.. I'd rather drown myself than be pitied (specially by someone I love and knows how deeply I feel for him - who decided not to love me back)..

• No, I never begged. When one guy said he wanted to be friends and I agreed, probably hoping he'd change his mind, but he stopped calling and texting very quickly, so it ended until he started pursing me again. Since he showed what kind of a "friend" he really wasn't, I did not take him back. The time showed that the breakup was the best thing for me for sure.

• Nope, never have, never will.

• never... I've only dealt with initiating the break-up or coming to a mutual break-up. I hope I never have to beg.

• I never did and will never do that.

I can forgive million times but will never ever Beg or Even ask someone to take me back or love me back.

• Yeah, I did. He was my first boyfriend.And I did not know any better, so I did beg for him to take me back. Now 2 years later, I am walking away when I see him. We all make mistakes. We should never make the same mistakes twice.

• Yes, I did beg for an ex to get back together with me. I held him to his word when he said that the two of us 'won't be broken up forever'. He was actually cheating with three other girls and was stringing me along to boost his ego. He was my first love, my first everything. Looking back now I feel so darn stupid for doing it that if I could go back in time I would slap my self around or throw my phone away or shackle me to my bed just to take it all back lol

• no. I have more pride than that. I'm not going to beg or try to convince someone to stay with me when they don't want to

• Yes. I feel so stupid now. Love is definitley blinding.