Letting her hair down while asking me about my girlfriend?

So I have a female friend who has been sending me mixed signals over whether she thinks of me as just friends or something more. Earlier this evening, I was chilling with her in her suite on campus and another one of her guy friends. They were preparing to go out to get dinner in town, and when I first got their, she had her hair tied back. Anyway, while we were talking, she asked me about my new girlfriend, who she also knows casually. However, when she first started to ask me about her, she started to let her hair down in the literal sense of the word. Do you think that her letting her hair down while asking about my was supposed to be a subtle sign that she was interested and might be a better catch, or do you think it was just a matter of coincidence?

It appears that I didn't give as much information behind how things happened with my friend and me last night. She was the one who first brought up how my girlfriend and I were a couple and wanted to ask me about how things worked out between us. I'd also like to add that my girlfriend and I broke up this morning, as I had decided I preferred just being friends with her. Finally, my friend and her other friend that we were with encouraged me to end it when I told them that I was reconsidering
my relationship with my girlfriend. Also when I used the term "better catch" my female friend is undoubtedly more physically attractive and was trying to hint that I could "get with her" over my girlfriend.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd think it's a coincidence. you were about to go out, so she was letting out her hair. personally, I fidget with my hair a heap. I'm always touching it, and it's not necessarily a sign of interest.

it could be either way, but I'd say it's a coincidink.

What Girls Said 3

• It was probably just coincidence. Like some of the others said girls fidget with their hair a lot. And how would letting her hair down show that she might be a better catch? That doesn't even make sense. Any woman can let her hair down lol

• It also sounds like you're not all that invested in your relationship though since you're digging so deeply into something like this. Maybe you should reconsider your situation.

• hmmm... it's really hard to tell... could be either/or...

but personally, I'd pull such a move if I wanted to look more attractive to a guy.

• Yes I do think she was trying to appear attractive to you. Good observation

What Guys Said 2

• I am sure you are looking too much into that. Women are always fidgeting with their hair.

• it means that she is thinking about washing you right out of it.

• So you think she was trying to show that she was a better catch?

• no. you are pressing and she is thinking about how to slow your roll.