How to end a relationship?

I have been in this relationship for eight months I was happy the first 7 months and then things got boring because of the distance issue I love this girl I really do but I can't make things work because of the distance...I don't want to be like most guys and cheat so I want to break up...so the question is how do you break up with someone you love or do you?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't do it over the phone, email or text. I would go see that person and sit them down and explain to them that you want to break up. Be prepared to answer questions and do not get upset or blame anyone. It's really hard to break up with someone, but sometimes you have to do what's right for you and for the other person. If you feel that it's not going to work out, then end up and not drag it on and hurt the other person.

What Girls Said 1

• If you really love them then the distance wouldn't matter. But if you are thinking about ending it for fear of cheating then you should, honestly. The only way to do this is to be honest and tell her your reasons. Just prepare yourself for every outcome you can think of.

What Guys Said 2

• I tried a long-distance relationship a number of years ago. It didn't work; the distance was a deal-breaker. It will hurt, no doubt, but it sounds like you want to do the right thing. In my case, I told the girl I really cared about her, but it wasn't going to work because of the distance between us. She was hurt, but it was ultimately for the best; we both moved on.

• How long did it take for you to move on?

• I started dating again within a few months. My long-distance relationship only lasted 2-3 months, so it didn't take long for my emotions to settle down.

• love doesn't give a f*** how many oceans or continents are between you.

• yea I know but I like to touch and I'm not able to do that because of the distance