Is he over his ex girlfriend?

I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 24, and we've been together for a year. We just moved in together last week and I was helping him unpack his stuff, I found a letter and when I read it he had written a letter to his dead ex girlfriend. It was written two years ago so before he met me. It said that he'd always love her and he'd never get over her (she died 8 years ago). It also said he often thought about her. I got really upset but he told me that he loved me more than he's ever loved anyone and he knew I was the one. He said he was sorry I found the letter, he forgot he even had it and it was written before he met me. Then he said he never thought he'd be happy until he met me and that he didn't want anyone else but me and I was the only girl he ever made plans for a furture with. But I still couldn't stop thinking about it but he said she was dead and any feelings he once had were also dead. But in the letter it said a birthday without her isn't worth celebrating, and to this day (8 year later) he still doesn't celebrate his birthday. Am I overeacting? Does it sound like he still has feelings for her?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not like he's obsessed with her. It's kind of weird that you're jealous of his dead ex girlfriend. He's not going to cheat on you with her.

What Guys Said 2

• You better not ever ask him that because this is just a simple case of typical female insanity that you should worry about such a thing.

He's still going to have some pain there obviously, but I don't think you should let it bother you.

• It is very unlikely to forget an ex girlfriend if her death resulted him of being single.

What Girls Said 0