How would you deal with a situation where your girlfriend cheated?

How would you approach the situation? Would you listen to her side of the story first, or just end it? Does it make a difference if she tells you or someone else does? Would you get into a fight over it with the guy she cheated with? If you took her back, would you make her make it up to you?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think her side of the story makes much of a difference. Feel free to give me an example, but I just can't think of a good excuse.

Here is the thing: if it was a one time thing, I'd ask her why she told me. It only ruins things. I'd rather not know and have her make it up to me by being a wonderful girlfriend from here on. Telling just so you feel better is selfish. and that's a deal breaker. If it's a ongoing thing I'd want to know. Not like there is a way back.

And yes, finding out from someone else is even worse. So you better make damn sure it doesn't happen. So yes, cleaning up your sh*t after cheating is a lot of work. But if you want that relationship to continue then you have to do that. There is no easy way out other than the door.

What Guys Said 7

• In my opinion there is no excuse for cheating. I wouldn't even want to hear her story because really there is nothing she could say that would change my mind.

• I would end it

• There's no excuse for cheating. If it was my place she was telling me, I'd tell her to "Get the f*** out."

• If I knew definitively that she was cheating, there would be nothing to consider. The relationship would end immediately.

• Dump her immediately. There's no excuse for cheating.

• I would end it and I highly doubt Id ever take her back. That's not something that can be fixed in my eyes

• She cheated. That is her side of the story. I would end it. Although she cheated on me, I would respect the willingness to tell me instead of hoping I never find out. No, I would not get into a fight with the other guy or girl. For all I know, they knew nothing about me. I wouldn't take her back, so she wouldn't have to make anything up to me.

What Girls Said 2

• Cheating isn't something that I favor, but, I try to keep in my that we are all human and can make mistakes. If it is the first time then a second chance should be offered. This doesn't mean it will be but I think it should be. If it happens again, it's out the door.

• I don't think cheating is OK under any circumstances. If I got cheated on I would just end it.