Why wouldn't an ex return your stuff back to you?

We haven't been together in almost a year and within in this year he has been with numerous women and even engaged. How come my ex can't let go of something that belongs to me? He even blocked me from calling don't know if text messages are blocked too because he doesn't respond. But if a person is hated why not give back what's rightfully yours?

• Can't let go of you
  • Seek revenge
  • Mad because they are hurt
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
It was not a gift

128

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted C before properly reading this. He is a jerk because he cheated and now he is not man enough to face you and doesn't want to deal with it. You are better off without him. So I will say option E: He is a jerk

What Guys Said 7

• A - He wants to keep this connection with you, even in the midst of the chaos of his emotions.

• I don't know, but that stupid ex of mine still has my year books, I want them back :\ can't get a hold of her anymore though -_- freaking annoying.

• Mine has my laptop -- all my notes and stuff for years, gone. Poof. It definitely IS annoying.

• Shit yearbooks... and laptop yikes.

• I just want my yearbooks back cause there's something I wanted to look up :p

• possibly he has a love that is jealous and doesn't allow him to have any contact with any one from his past? My wife almost divorced me early on in our marriage when my mom called and put an ex on the phone with me when all the girl wanted to do was apologize for the way she did me.

• C seems most logical.

• what does he have of yours?

• what is it?

• I hate my ex. I blocked her from everything, changed my phone number and burned all her stuff. She has no idea what her leaving did to me, so it's deserved.

• So she left you. Well in my case I tried to be cordial never yelled or anything. He doesn't want to be with me and yet he doesn't want to let go of something that belongs to me. So what do you do?

• Thanks for the down vote. Do not tell me to simmer down. You are just a child and have no idea about life and feelings yet.

• Who told you to simmer?

What Girls Said 12

• I would pick...

A or C

Depends on the situation.

But, seriously..he could not be completely over you...?

And, wants to keep something that reminds him of you.

• if they hated you, then he probably threw everything away... Otherwise, he most likely is thinking you're using that as an excuse to keep in contact with him. What is it that he has and if he's engaged, do you still want it back that badly?

• Can't throw it away. It belongs to me its in my name. It was not a gift. I do not want to keep in contact. If it wasn't possible to ruin my credit. I just want what belongs to me and be with it all.

• Well we can't say for sure why he did it. But in the case of my ex and I think most cases, it's because they're angry and hurt.

• Because its to awkward to do right then. Maybe he forgot. Is it big stuff or like a t-shirt I have 3 brothers guys don't remember a lot of stuff you wouldn't believe.

• No its BIG he uses it often no he has not forgot.

• its mostly girls who like to keep their exes stuff

But its also girls who burn their exes stuff.

In your case,it seems he wants to keep those memories.

what kinda stuff belonging to you does he possess?

• could have forgotten he has them.

• memories

• Could be all of them..

• i mean...once you give somebody something..tech its theirs to do as they plz

• Not when its in "YOUR" name

• if its something like a car or whatever then you can have it towed or repossesed or w.e. you decide to do. I'm just saying like birthday gifts or expensive things , it's theirs if you gave it to them.

• Because he/she is hurt and consequently vindictive. This is a way to get your attention. When my ex moved he took all my pants along with his on the day he left. What he'd do with them? Not a thing. He was just trying to p*ss me off because he'd just been kicked out for making the previous ten years a complete shambles.

• This seems more like it.

• It's life. Hang in there and don't let his actions get to you.

• maybe the things are so insignificant he threw them away or completely forgot about them and you're the one that can't let things go

• No it can't be thrown away its in my name tried to have the company to pick it up but he wouldn't allow them to get it.

• Because he isn't thinking about you or your stuff. He doesn't want to see you again/ interact with you even over something like personal gifts.

• He uses it every week he hasn't forgot

• What a jerk...do you have friends in common that can talk to him?

• Yes but they seem to be afraid of him or something. I guess they feel they don't want to get in the middle.