Particular song that makes you think of your ex?

I am over my ex emotionally and have no current feelings for her. Sure I think of her from time to time and actually some of my thoughts border on hate, but I am better than that so I don't stoop to that level. So today I was having a great day all day until I heard: "Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not" by Thompson Square and "Somewhere With You" by Kenny Chesney on the radio. Instantly I started to think of my ex and the rest of my day sucked. Does this happen to anyone else?

Even though she dumped me, I wonder if anything ever reminds her of me? Like a song or a place we used to eat or something we did together, etc.

74

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah

• "Yeah" by Usher? Or do you care to elaborate? lol.

• You're cute. How old are you?

• =P lol thanks. 21. u?

What Girls Said 6

• 'in the sun' by joseph arthur. we both loved that song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNF2cbW37mo

• This always make me think of a guy I liked who I met when he came to New York, but lived in Canada, so it never really worked out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK1-3hsqOWE

• Best thing I never had - Beyonce

• Whats wrong with me by n.e.r.d always reminds me of him...

• yeah definatly, I don't like how I think of my ex when a certain song comes on the radio. Especially since I haven't seen my ex in 3 years, and have completely moved on from him. But certain things trigger memories between me and him. Yes, I believe it does happen to a lot of people

• Ya it's only been a few months since my ex and I broke up and she's completely moved on and has been dating someone else. I still think of her a lot but feel I am over her as well.

• Take yourself off anonymous so I can friend you

• ok I did lol

What Guys Said 4

• That would be Octopus's Garden by The Beatles. First time I heard it was at the planetarium duiring a laser show where I took her on a date. When they get to the end, "we could be so happy you and me - no one there to tell us what to do. I'd like to be under the se in an octopus's garden with you" it still makes me think of her even though I haven't heard from her for 20 years and now I'm married to someone else and from snooping around the internet I have learned that she married someone else. I'm not bitter. I know that man married a fabulous woman. Still that song reminds me of her.

And yes, if you've never heard the song, Ringo does indeed pronounce it "octopus's"

• Does the one that got away count?

• Yes, there are tons of them. "So Fortunate" and "Let Go" by Adema are the two worst that always instantly take me back to that period of time. Also "Only One" by Yellowcard and "Boulevard of broken dreams" from Green Day.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBf2v4mLM8k&ob=av2n

Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding. My ex loved that song. Goddamned song is so goddamned popular.