What does it mean to "move on"?

What is your definition of moving on after a break up or a loss?

63

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I have moved on when I can wake up without thinking of that one guy. And when I do think of him once in a while, it's not with sadness, and I don't feel panicky, hurt or empty. When I don't spend the majority of my time thinking about why things went wrong, and how things could be fixed. To me, moving on isn't tied to finding someone new, as I think that I have to move on way before that happens or else I'm not ready.

What Guys Said 3

• Regardless of what has happened in the past..though we hold dear feelings or thoughts for someone even it is that hard..we try to choose to let go and focus on what's ahead of us..living each day keeping things busy..getting preoccupied with other important matters until such time the feeling fades away and it will all be but a memory.

• get to the point when you don't think about it anymore

• I think you still think about your recent ex, you're just moving on and forward onto something else.

What Girls Said 5

• My own definition is when you've gone through the hard patch, & now ready to forgive & forget. Don't give a toss about what he does, who he sees, etc. & the hardest part is to make sure you don't think about him, espically before going to sleep & don't look at old pictures of you & him.

• It means to let what happened in the past be in the past, and live your life without letting anything stop you.

• letting go of the past and MOVING ON toward the future, bigger better things.

• Find someone else.

• Finding a new man or new woman. Letting the old relationship go never going back.