Problems getting over her, advice?

I dated this girl almost 4 years ago and I talk to her every once in awhile. I've gotten better looking girl, girls with better personality, and just straight up cooler girls but I can't seem to shake her when I'm not dating anyone. I always start back up talking to her. What's my problem here?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, if you loved her they always say that your first love is the one that sticks with you because it is your basis for comparison for what love should be.

And better by whose standard? Yours? Maybe the "better personality" was better for the general population but you prefer the first girl with all her quirks.

My suggestion would be look at what draws you back. Is it her compassion, her genuineness, ect. That is obviously an important quality to you and then go out and find someone that holds these great qualities, while maybe not having some of the qualities you don't like about that girl.

Also, ps, why don't you retry with her? Its been a while, maybe you've both grown and a second shot is due?

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like you still love her and haven't completely let her go so of course all other girls are just someone to compare to HER not to move on with...

What Guys Said 3

• "I always start back up talking to her." Mistake. Finish breaking up with her, once and for all. No girl with any sense is going to date you seriously while you're holding this torch.

• that would put you at 14. why do you still care about your girlfriend from when you were 14?

''

• It was more like 3 years ago***

• the question remains, you were still only 15. it shouldn't nbe hard to get over her. so there is something deeper that you're not sharing

• She's nice? She's always there for you? I dunno. My first girlfriend was phycho... literally. So I don't know where you're coming from.