My ex texted me this?

My ex texted me a couple of days ago saying "For what it's worth I'm really sorry. I really miss you and I sometimes feel like I made the worse mistake of my life, but its not fair to you the way my schedule is. My life didn't get any easier after we broke up."

I responded with "I miss you too...I wish things could be better"

He said "Me too...goodnight"

We continued to text for a bit and he said he'd love to talk about it but would have trouble finding the time...I am so confused!

This was after not speaking for over a month, almost 2. It really came out of nowhere. I tried to text him to see if he wanted to talk and he said maybe later because he was sleeping...I don't know what he wants! I still love him...what does this mean?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Seems like he has clear feelings for you, but he's thinking his bad schedule is still in the way and will mess things up again. Don't rush too much, slow down and your emotions and his slowly come to the surface. Appreciate that he reached back toward you. Don't be impatient toward him or yourself.

What Girls Said 1

• Seems to me he wants to have his cake and eat it too. You love him and would probably be with him even if you didn't get to talk every day; yet he is saying his schedule isn't fair to you. He's putting words in your mouth. Its like the wants the emotional convenience of a girlfriend without the labels.

Basically, if he wants to date you, he would be dating you. But he's not, instead he is making excuses.