Ex deletes you on Facebook yet claims to be over you?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up under the terms that he was leaving for 7 years next summer to go into the Navy. We both agreed we were still in love and, it was not a dramatic break up.

Then about 3 weeks later I decided to give this guy friend of mine a shot, and we started dating. I told him I was still trying to get over my ex. He understood. Well I texted my ex and asked him how he was doing with everything and he said he was completely over me. We dated for almost two years. Then about 5 days later he deletes me on Facebook.

Do you think he's really over me? Why would he delete me? He is also dating someone new now.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems you were starting to move on when he told you that he was over you and that set you back. If your ex was over you, then there's no reason for him to delete you. Deleting someone is meant so that they can get over that person. Guys who break up with their ex before they go into the military, usually do so because they want to date around and do whatever they want with their buddies and not feel bad about it. Were you really going to wait 7 years for him to be done and come back to you? Of course not. Whether or not he's over you, it doesn't matter anymore. The best way to move on is knowing that the other person no longer cares. It cuts off all hope that you may have.

Continue to date around and just enjoy your life. Don't waste your youth for someone who is not waiting for you.

What Guys Said 5

• He's moved on, you're moving on, you're not going to see each other of 7 years, he doesn't want his new Girlfriend finding his ex on Facebook.

Why would he not delete you from Facebook?

What would you be talking about on Facebook if he didn't? In the almost 2 years you were going out you've had lots of time to talk about all the important stuff before you broke up. The only stuff to talk about is new stuff. Do you really want the gory details of him blowing up stuff and killing people? or perhaps details about his new Girlfriend so you can compare yourself to her and go mental about it?

@Brando: yes it is just Facebook.

• He deleted you because he is over you. This is how guys "get over" exes. We cut them out of our lives completely.

• Just seems a little immature to me.

• That makes it even harder that it wasn't on bad terms. He knows you can't be together but every time he faces you he has to deal with the constant thinking of what "could have been" if it weren't for his situation that forced him to leave. That can be too much to bear. Even more incentive to cut all ties completely.

• i mean if you keep the friendship what are you really gaining, do you wanna get back with him in the future or what, what's the point in being his friend what are you getting out of it, ask your self that, its either you wanna get back with him in the future or not lol

• He deleted you because he might not want to associate with you anymore. It's just Facebook though, all is well :)

• What would be the point of keeping an ex on there?

• We agreed to be friends? Our breakup wasn't bad, it was a mutual understanding?

• Yeah, but he never wanted to be just friends with you. I see it as an "all or nothing" type of thing. Either be in a committed relationship with that person or no relationship at all. He either deleted you because he is already over you or he is trying to get over you. If he is still in the process of getting over you, he won't want to see or hear from you. He won't want to know about your new relationships.

What Girls Said 3

• Why ask why? Move on as he has! Live your life and put him

In the past where he belongs.

• Im trying :/ Like I said, I didn't want the relationship to end, it had to. I'm just very confused and hurt I guess.

• get out there and date.. work out.. spend time with family anything to get him out of your system fast. best one is to get out and date. asap!

• He's just trying to get over you so he won't be tempted to talk to you or think about you. And maybe his new girlfriend had something to do with it.

• It's just Facebook. Also, maybe his new girlfriend kind of persuaded him out of jealousy?