Do cheaters deserve a second chance?

Not about me, just want your opinions

They tell you they had sex due to a drunken mistake and are really sorry for it, they even cry and feel really bad about it

Is it the same for a guy to cheat and a girl to cheat?

Is it an automatic dump or do you give them another chance?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends...(explain)
    Vote C
  • See Results
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

711

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give them another chance.

Sure, I'd be hurt, but if we're looking at in the drunken mistake scenario, then they obviously didn't *mean* to do it, and feel bad about it. So, yeah, I would give them another chance - everyone deserves a second chance no matter what, because people do change, or they can at least try their hardest to. I know so many people I forgave and they really did change, and some didn't. It depends on the person you're looking at.

Plus, cheating isn't the worse thing someone could do to you. Lying about their love for you, using you to get to someone else, using you for sex, and treating you like you're worthless is the worst. Trust me, it hurts way more than hearing that your partner cheated.

And yes, it's the same for a guy to cheat and a girl to cheat. There's no difference.

What Girls Said 6

• Cheating on me is the one and only thing that would cause me to dump a guy no matter how great he was. It's not something I could ever forget or forgive a guy for doing. Hell if I'd never cheat I'd expect the same loyalty from the guy I was seeing. So no, there would be no second chances with me.

• -no,and it's not like him being a drunk is a good thing

-yes it is

-automatic dump

• depending on the reasons behind it

yes, everyone can make an honest mistake and deserve a second chance.

no, if you don't want me, I don't want you either.

• I'd give them one more chance. Hey, it was a mistake it happens to the best of us. But if they blew it again, I think that would be a problem

• Not in my book.

• Cheating s a deal breaker for me.

What Guys Said 11

• I vote C. Based on my experiences, I would be deeply hurt. It would be a difficult choice and I would have to look at certain factors. I woudn't want to date a partier/heavy drinker so it would depend on why she was there and if she has a prior history of cheating. In the end, I could be convinced to give her a second chance, but it would obviously take some time for things to heal.

• Hmm... I believe in forgiveness but like... I don't think I could look at a girl the same who did cheat on me...

• Not in my book because if you give them a chance why not give murders child molesters robbers psycho people etc. Another chance

• Of-f***ing-course. The moral panic about infidelity is, in my opinion, a compensation for insecurities about jealousy. F***that. I reckon everything is deserving forgiveness.

I wouldn't even care, though. My first boyfriend openly slept around and I didn't really care... And everyone I've gone out with since I've told that while I don't expect the same rules to apply to me, I wouldn't care if they went and f***ed the town. And they never did anyway.

• Don't know if you're a guy or a girl

You may be okay with it but there must be a reason the guy goes off with someone

doesn't it show that he could get it from you but chooses not to?

or is it just physical like masturbation

• I'm a guy.

Ofcourse there's a reason, and that reason may well mean we break up. But we might be able to sort it out, too. If they're really, genuinely sorry about what they did and why they did it then it deserves forgiveness.

• If the girl cheats on me, then ball game over, time for her to leave.

It doesn't matter if she says it was a drunken mistake because that's just a weak excuse.

It's the same if the girl or the guy cheats in a relationship, cheating is cheating.

• No, not even a question that should be asked. Anyone who says yes is a cheater who is clearly selfish. You don't deserve any second chances, cheaters.

• Forgiveness is selfish, ey? I would say it back to you, pal.

• You may judge as you judge, but don't insult me for my forgiveness.

• you thought I was aiming at the person who forgave, I was aiming at the cheating douche bag who thinks they deserve forgiveness or any second chance.

• NO! A cheater is always a cheater

• Don't we all deserve a second chance.

• Maybe. I wouldn't give them a second chance though. I don't want to go out with people who would cheat on me, so if they do I don't want to go out with them anymore.

• Not for me, they won't get a second chance. Gooooodbyyyyyyye Suzy :)

• She only deserves a second chance after I've had time to work out my own anger and frustration. The real question is how LONG it takes to get a second chance.