How long did it take for you to get over an ex?

i dated this guy for 1.5years and broke up around 3months ago. he was my first boyfriend. for the first 2 months after the break-up, I was a completely mess! cried every time I thought about him. I was having a hard time moving on that I started feeling really sorry for myself ...and now I'm actually slightly better. I Haven't seen my ex since the break-up and I don't know if its a good idea to do that. I still talk to him every now and then but only online.

so how long did it take for you to get over your ex? and can you ever be just friends with him/her?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the goal isn't to get over him. Maybe you just have to learn to live without him in your life and do things that makes you happy and try not to have hope of getting back together.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• It's weird that this question came up, haha. I just spent the last half crying over my ex and we broke up five months ago. It depends what happened, if you're thinking about being friends. I don't ever move on until I met someone else. So, however long that is. The longest for me so far was six months.

• Took me awhile, depending on the relationship. I tried to do more of my thing and remember it was for the best. My current boyfriend and I keep breaking up then making up, I can't seem to get over him...But I can't be just friends with them for awhile, the time it takes depends on how serious the relationship was.

• I dated my best friend for an year, we broke up an year ago I'm not even sure I'm over it still. And yeah over time you can be just friends with your ex but give it time as long as the feeling are there it's gonna hurt and it will be awkward.

• I was lucky that he was a narcissistic jerk, so it took me only a little over a month to get over him.