Would a guy take a girl back if he sees that she has changed?

Hypothetically speaking, if she was too clingy in their first relationship, and as a result it only lasted a short time because he dumped her (and he said "it wouldn't work out") but then about a year goes by and he sees that she has her own life now and her own s#!* going on, could the attraction still be there?

• I would take her back if I was still attracted to her and if she was still interested. If she was less clingy, totally!
  • I don't want to go through it again--the relationship ended for a reason!

618

Most Helpful Guy

• I would take her back if I truly love her...For instance I wouldn't take my ex, after she told me that I was too intense and that I wasn't funny enough for her and etc etc, even though now she is always begging me to hang out with her.

People are stupid man, I am telling you, I have a question for you people: If you truly loved somebody why wouldn't you forgive them if they are truly sorry? Often times, you only get one chance if your lifetime, and if you don't take that chance, it would never happen again.

Take it for me: I love this girl with all of my heart, it is a complicated situation but she played with me which really hurt me, but she realized how bad was her mistake, she tried to talk to me about it and I decided to blew her off the water, just because of my dumb ego. There isn't a day that doesn't go by, that I don't regret what I did...She seems to be a different person and to date, many years later, I haven't found somebody who has made me feel the way she did.

What Guys Said 17

• Guys who dump girls for being 'too clingy' were probably not that into them in the first place.

• Idk about that, I was super into my ex - if she couldve managed to be less clingy and emotionally needy I think we would have been married by now.

• I think I agree with you..but, I would say that is majority of guys..maybe not all. +1

• Possible but not probable. My ex was too clingy/emotionally dependent and that was the real reason I couldn't be with her anymore. We were together for several years and we mightve gotten married if she couldve been more independent. The problem is is that even if you have changed, he's going to be extremely skeptical that you have and it would also be very easy for you to slip back into old habit if you got back together. Attraction is probably still there, but a chance for another relationship is probably out the window...

• Even hypothetically where the laws and principles of reality needn't apply, I still think people "changing" is a phenomenon is grossly overused and exceedingly more rare than the prevalence of the phrase would indicate.

• I think he may give her another chance, but it all depends on the guy and how much he liked you in the first place. yes, there could still be an attraction.

• My opinion, YES. But let him go for you. Since he's the one who dumped you, he should make the first move. If he doesn't, get with his friend to make him jealous and want you again. Be the player. Good luck.

• nope I wouldn't take her back because she was clingy and we were fighting all the time, even if she has changed it wouldn't change my mind about her

• Nope, the change is likely bullsh*t and even if it isn't I can't trust her anymore. One chance is all anyone gets when it comes to such a serious relationship with me. F***up and you f***ed up for good.

• Realize, I never dump anyone. If I am with someone it's only because I'm 100% sure of my feelings and compatibility and such. And I never rush into a relationship. I always become friends first and ya... so if anyone was doing the breaking up it'd be her and f' giving her another chance.

Especially because, more often than you might realize, women can't do the right thing and just break up. They cheat first thinking they can end it that way which is far more immature and worse.

• funny you should say the last line, but that's what most MEN do to get out of relationships cos they can't man up and just say they don't want to be with them anymore. so maybe you're the girl in the relationship

• I've seen it more from "women" then men. But I agree there are some pansy ass "men" like that too.

Quoting around the gender cause no real woman or man would do such. Clearly still girls and boys in adult bodies.

• If she really changed. Yes of course I would. But wed have to have a little sit down and talk things over.

• I would say no. As the old saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• Nope (no idea y I'm answering this)

• Would I take a woman back if she's shown that she's changed? Yes.

Although in your specific case I view the 'too clingy' line as an excuse. If a man is into you, some clinginess is appreciated. IMO

• No just give up. Move on to another one.

• No I wouldn't. People don't change much

• i wouldn't take her back but I'd definitely go see her again. see what's up? if she's really changed if not. no way! XD

• i am in a situation, similiar to you but it was me who ended up losing (she made her choice and it was not me) so tell me something would you apologize and admit your mistake or will you act as if nothing happened?

• I would admit my mistake because I wouldn't want to be living a lie just to be with the person.

• i would accept you back, if you would accept your mistake because I respect "living in reality" rather than a lie or fantasy it proves you have integrity and that you have grown as a human being, I wish you luck and the best, but remember even if you do not get what you want you still have yourself and that's what really matters and I do not know if you will find your special someone sooner or later but he will be out there and he will care for, even your clingyness

• Ok :) Thanks

• *Sigh*

I learned the hard way to not take anyone back because they they say they changed.

people don't change. They grow up and find new ways to deal with things. But they will always be that person they were before deep down when the situation is right.

When someone tells me they changed and "Show" me I avoid them because a Show is a show. I don't need someone acting one way around me to try to prove something.

• I couldn't see myself having any feelings for someone after not seeing them for a year. I would say no.

What Girls Said 6

• If you've truly changed and he's a good guy and isn't in or trying to pursue a new relationship, then yes, there is always that possibility. You shouldn't try to get back with him, you should wait for him to approach you, unless you know he wants you back.

• this happened with my ex...

he noticed how much I changed over the summer and over the time that we broke up and he always tells me that whenever I talk to him (just like as friends)

it's cute cause we always had inside jokes about it, but it's also a little strange

• nope! f that

• I'm a girl but either way it all depends on the particular situation. Depends on how well I know the person, if I feel like I've moved on etc.

• Younger guys probably won't, only guys maybe

• Unfortunately, attraction can exist even if you really don't like the person all that much anymore. Attraction occurs at too many different levels (physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, social), which can make the attempt to stay apart as challenging as trying to get out of quicksand.