What are signals girls give to let guys know they want to be more than acquaintances?

So lets say you've met a girl in class and you want to try to get to know her. Maybe you just want a good friend or you are interested in a relationship, etc... My friends told me that I can't just say, "hey I'm heading over to Starbucks later, want to join me". They say that girls show signs to guys that lets them know if they even want to hang out , text, call, etc and that I can't just be straightforward. Doing so will make them think I am desperate. How true is this and if so, what are these signals?

I think I wrote the question that might have misunderstand what I was trying to get across. When I meant signals, I don't necessarily mean romantic interest. My friends say that even if I want to hang out with a girl, just to know her AS A FRIEND, she needs to give me the "ok" that she's willing to take my invites.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Jeez you don't have to make it so complicated haha. Don't feel like you have to have signals from her that let you know it's okay to try to start even a regular friendship. I say be direct and just ask her to hang out, or join you at Starbucks or whatever. I met my boyfriend in a class and he texted me one day saying that he wanted to hang out with me and asked if I would. Simple, straightforward, I said sure.

What Girls Said 2

• If a guy wanted to just be friends with me, I would show him a smile, direct eye contact and or saying somthing obvious to get the ball rolling. In most times I try to say somthing about his phone,backpack or somthing that is facing both of us to get a convo started. Most of the time I end up talking to myself anyway, in that case the guy would either ask me again to repeat what I'm saying or just ignore me thinking I'm one of those girls lol.

• id rather you just say hey bla bla bla want to join me or w/e

i don't like texts, or signs. I prefer directness. everything else is childish imo.

• have anyone been direct with you, and you accepted their invite?

• yes I do I have / . I also do not accept indirect offers. I make it concrete first.

What Guys Said 3

• Your friends date a lot?

• Yes they show signals, but you can ask a girl out like that without her thinking you're desperate.

• go to youtube and search "signs that a girl likes you". its better than anything any person on here will tell you

• I don't necessarily mean "like" as in romantic interest. I'm putting it in a broad sense as in friendship.