I think my girlfriend cheated/is going to cheat on me. What do I do?

She posted this on her blog today and she hasn't responded to my texts or phone calls. I'm really worried now, especially since she couldn't sleep last night and was up really late texting me about what I would consider to be cheating. I'm really freaking out about this and I don't know what to do! This is what she posted on her blog (I know it's not about me since I didn't do any of the things she is referring to):

looking forward to Thursday.

he said he liked my hair so I wore it natural. he said my eyes were beautiful so I played them up. he said my shoulders were sexy so I showed them off. so here I sit, looking at him with my beautiful eyes, behind my curly blond hair that falls just past my bare shoulders. he talks to me in the exact same way and he is looking at me with the exact same hazel eyes.

But something is different. He isn’t holding my hand, his arm isn’t around me, he isn’t touching me at all, and he’s not trying to. I want to feel his arm resting on my shoulder while his fingers play with my hair. I want us to walk with our arms around each others waist. I want to feel him reaching for my hand. I knew that he was “that guy” , but I hoped that he wouldn’t be. But right now that’s not even my top concern.

All I can focus on are his lips, and how they feel against mine. I can only focus on how badly I want to be back in that moment, on the dock, in the freezing cold, where we first kissed. it was quick. but every time after that our lips met for longer and longer. when we kissed, I closed my eyes and the world went away. I want to feel that way again. part of me wants to accept that that time has passed, that I shouldn’t pursue it anymore. But now that I’ve made my cake I want to eat it too.

I’ve made up my mind. We’ve made plans to hang out on Thursday and I already know what we will do. We’re going to do what we’ve already done times ten. I would be keeping my promise, I’m not sleeping with someone unless I have strong feelings for them. I feel happier with him then I do with anyone else, probably because he is so like someone else. And at the same time, he’s so different from anyone I know. I crave every part of him. Can it be Thursday?

OK I finally confronted her about it and I don't feel as bad now. The person she has feelings for is her best friend (although she has only really known him for about 6 weeks longer than me). I don't feel threatened by this little kid (he's a minor under 18).
So now I'm on the fence again about dumping her. I don't know, I feel like I should give her a second chance. She hasn't actually done anything with this guy while I have been dating her (so it's basically been emotional cheating).
So in the end (about 4 days after I found out about the cheating) she realized she didn't want to be with me anymore (basically she was too immature to face her mistakes so wanted to take the easy way out by just doing all the wrong things until I would break up with her). I came to the same conclusion (4 days after she did) and we ended it.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• you know what you have to do. you should confront her since you pretty much know the truth and that there's another guy in the picture and its totally unacceptable. I wouldn't trust her. if she has the nerve to post it to the world on her blog and text you hinting it, why would you wanna be with someone unfaithful like that?

What Girls Said 3

• Im sorry you need to confort her for your sake. She shouldn't be treating you like and you know it. There are a lot better girls out there and you do not need to be taking this from anyone. If she is willing to put this in her blog and asked you what you constitute as cheating? I think you need to do the inevitable.

• It sounds like she did cheat, which is obviously bad. But even if she didn't, from the way she's writing about the guy it sounds like he's priority #1 in her mind. And that's not fair to you. You're her boyfriend and you're supposed to be the number one guy in her life, and not some second-rate guy that she's settling for. You deserve to be that #1 guy. You should probably just end it and look for somebody who will think of you that way.

• so your still with her? or what happened?

• She says she has feelings for him but can't act on them and chooses to be with me over him. Although she has stronger feelings for him than me she wants to stay with me and hopes that over time she will have stronger feelings for me. (we've only known each other for about 7 weeks).

• your okay with the fact that she has stronger feelings for another guy than you? It does not matter that she picked you. She out right told you that's her feelings. Doesnt matter how long she has known your or she knew him. She shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with you if she had feelings for him. and she did act on them what is that stuff on her blog? personally its been 7 weeks. I would move on.

• When she kissed him that was before we had met. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I feel like everyone should get a second chance. I was extremely reluctant to enter into the relationship in the first place with her, but took the jump since she basically gave me an ultimatum. It was either be boyfriend and girlfriend or stop dating her. In all honesty, I think she is a little immature (another reason I was hesitant and why I tell myself that I prefer women older than me).

What Guys Said 6

• I think she was talking about you bro. have you ever kissed her in a frozen area before or any of that sounds remotely familiar?

• definitely not. I haven't done the stuff she talked about.

• then it could be a possibility, try monitoring her actions, don't let her know. Just pay close attention to her actions the following the day after that date. OR you could confront her on Thursday and just try to talk to her normally and keep her busy. That might help and work.

• Yu're dumb guy and you deserve her..

How the hell can you stay with a girl that blatantly told you she likes someone else.

Basically if this guy does have feelings for her and you're out!

• Honestly.

Just confront her. If she cheats on you, she was never serious with your relationship to begin with.

• Does she know you read it.

ask her about it..

But trust your instincts

• You should probably ask her if that's for real, or if she just has an over-active imagination. Based on what I'm reading, it sounds like you two are finished, but give her a chance to say something in her own defense before you move on.

• Easy. Dump her.