I threw it all away, now what should I do?

I'm a senior in h.s. and my ex girlfriend and I dated for 7 months before she went to college (which is 3 hours away) this Aug. During the 1st week she was in college everything was going smoothly, we were fine. Then 1 day (Aug 20) I was frustrated and stressed out about life in general and I broke up with her. That relieved my stress for the time being. It seemed like it was the right thing to do. Well we remained good friends and still text each other on a regular basis for a couple of days. but then I began to realize that I had made a mistake so I tried to get back with her. and well she rejected me and said "us being apart is best for right now and just see this as the ultimate test for our relationship". well I was so blinded by my depression that I repeatedly tried to get back with her. I called her ALL the time to no answer and left voice mails and I sent her extremely long heartfelt texts trying to convince her that us breaking up wasn't what was best for right now. (I now know that this was the wrong thing to do I basically shot myself in the foot but she never came out and told me I was harassing her I THOUGHT I was doing the right thing). well I harassed her about us getting back together for about 2 weeks after we broke up. and after that I continued to question her why we couldn't be together for another 2 weeks or so. (also I asked her if we could hang out when she came home to visit, again I got rejected and she stated that the weekend she came home to visit was about her family and certainly not about me). (also the weeks following the break up she finally told me I harassed her after I had just given up on talking to her because every time I tried just the way she would say things to me brought me to tears) Alright on Sept 20 I gave her a call and told her she was right about the us being seperated for right was is what's best thing and I asked her what she thought about "us" in the future and she stated "i just don't know I don't know about the future, I don't know if we will ever get back together and I don't know if we won't ever get back together. I don't know if I don't want to be somebody else and I don't know if I do. I just don't know, I'm just going with the flow. but I know that as of right now I'm just over it. I still love you and I always will but I'm just not in love with you as I once was" I said okay and hung up after that. I Haven't talked to or tried to talk to her since. but I do know that I still love her and still want to be with her. I believe now that after we broke up she filled my place with her new college friends and her new sorority sisters. I think she is "in love" with her friends right now instead of me. I've heard she's still single and hasn't met anybody else through some mutual friends. in conclusion I'm giving her the space she asked for and letting her go with the flow. I just know that this was the biggest mistake of my life so far and I just hope I Haven't blown my chance of correcting it by over reacting to the break up.HELP

10

What Girls Said 1

• The best thing for you to do as of right now is just let her be. I was in the exact same situation as her, this guy and I dated then he broke up with me then asked for me back and then wouldn't leave me alone. Eventually I got so frustrated that I changed my phone number, blocked him off Facebook deleted him off BBM. I know this isn't exactly what you want to hear, but the damage is done. If you are willing to wait for her, then that's what you should do and she may possibly come back. But you do have to realize that probably won't happen and a good thing for you to do is try to & move on. Once a girl says you're harassing her is definite sign she has no interest in getting back together with you. I'm really sorry to hear this and I know you would like to get some advice about something you can do to fix this, but there really isn't anything else you can do. You may have scared her off by pleading to get back with her over and over again. I'm telling you this from personal experience, and since I'm the girl I have more incite to how she is feeling, and for me I have no interest in getting back together with him and when I told him to leave me alone I meant it, and he just thought he should try harder which pushed me to delete him from my life. So what you're doing now is the best thing for you and her, and that is just letting her be. And like I said, if you're willing to wait then go for it, but don't wait for a little bit then try again, wait until she comes back to you. And again, that may never happen

What Guys Said 0